In accordance with California State Law, all new and transfer students must meet the following age guidelines:
- As of the 2017-18 School Year, to be admitted to Transitional Kindergarten, a child must turn 5 between September 2 and March 1 of the current school year. A child may join TK mid-year once they have turned 5 years old.
- To be admitted to Kindergarten, a child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st of the current year.
- To be admitted into the 1st grade, a child must be 6 years on or before September 1st of the current year.
Priority of Acceptance
To provide fair and consistent guidance on the selection of students for St. Michael School, the following priorities are applied for admission:
- Families who have a child enrolled in the school
- Families who are registered, active parishioners at St. Michael’s Church or members of the surrounding Catholic parishes. (Baptismal certificates are required.)
- Families who are non-Catholic
Studies show that parent involvement has a direct correlation to a child’s school success. Family participation is most needed in enrichment programs for students and in fundraising efforts. Family members serve the school when they act as yard duty assistants, hot lunch servers, room parents, teacher assistants, drivers or chaperones for field trips, office assistants, moderators of school activities, and (appointed) officers of the School Board and Parents’ Association (PTG).
Each family is required to give a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service to the school. Within the 20-hour commitment, each family is required to volunteer to at least one of the major annual fundraisers: Walkathon, Wine Tasting/Auction, Tabletop Luncheon/Golf Tournament.
Families are expected to support our school SCRIP program by generating a minimum profit of $200 through the use of gift cards, online SCRIP options or eScrip. They may alternatively choose to “Buy-Out” for $200.