The Seventh grade loves the new play structure!
Wonderful field trip to the USS Hornet in February!
7th graders made butterlies of encouragement to help those grieving in the Grief Ministry Program at the Catholic Community of Pleasanton.
6th, 7th and 8th grade social studies
1. To develop an understanding of the reasons for studying history and of the relationship between the past and present.
2. To create a sense of empathy for the past.
3. To understand the meaning of time and chronology.
4. To analyze the complex causue and effect relationships of ideas and events.
5. To recognize the interrelatedness of geography, economic, culture, belief systems, and political systems within history.
Learning Themes 6th grade social studies
-People of the World
-People and Places
-Learning about the Past
-The Depths of Time
-The Ancient Israelites
-The Ancient Greek
-The Rise of Rome
-The Roman Empire
-Christianity and the Fall of Rome
Star Trek is often used in religion and social studies. Besides being a great source for stories of civil rights, equality and understanding, it often touches upon academic subject matter. In 7th grade we film our own Star Trek episodes.
Star Trek "Who Mourns for Adonais?"
Star Trek "Bread and Circuses"
Star Trek the Next Generation "Who Watches the Watchers?"
Star Trek the Next Generation "Darmok"
Learning Themes 7th grade social studies
-A Changing World View
-Empires of the Ancient World
-The Roots of Islam
-The Empire of Islam
-Central and Southern Africa
-Three Empires: Mongols, Ottoman and Mughal
-Feudal Europe and Japan
-Europe: Rule, Religion and Conflict
-Reformation and the Scientific Revolution
-The Age of Expansion
-Early American Civilizations
Star Trek Voyager "Concerning Flight"
Learning Themes 8th grade social studies
-Exploration and Settlement
-Toward the Constitution
-The Constitutional Convention
-The Creation of the Party System
-The Maturing Republic
-People of the new Nation
-The West, North and South
-Causes of the Civil War
-A Nation Divided
-Reshaping the Great Plains
-America Emerges as a World Power
-Modern American Democracy
Star Trek "The Omega Glory", "This Side of Paradise", "The Savage Curtain"
7th grade religion
Main Standards in 7th grade religion:
1. Traditions, rituals, and the history of the Church impacts our lives daily.
2. The Early history of the Church has a profound impact on the current Church today.
3. The Doctrine and Dogma of the Church are found in the Creedal Statements.
4. The Trinity is revealed to all people in the person, word, and works of Jesus Christ.
5. Sacraments are important moments in the life of the community, especially the centrality of the Eucharist.
6. The Eucharistic Liturgy (the Mass) is the communal celebration of the Paschal Mystery, in which each is called to full and active participation.
7. Catholic prayer and traditions are an important aspect of the life of the Church.
Star Trek "The Empath" and Star Trek the Motion Picture
-The Gospel According to the Worlds Greatest Superhero
-Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth
-The Yellow Brick Road: The Storyteller's Approach to the Spiritual Journey
-Children of Fatima
-Our Lady of Lourdes, Fatima, Guadalupe, The Miraculous Medal
-The Face: Jesus in Art
-Therese: The Story of Saint Therese of Lisieux
-In Her Footsteps: The Story of Kateri Tekawitha
-The Song of Bernadette
-Father Barron's Catholicism